Struggling with nagging jaw pain in Charlotte that never seems like it will go away? Are you constantly in and out of doctors’ offices looking for a reason or treatment for your recurring headaches or severe migraine pain? It could be your TMJ or temporomandibular joint. Take both of your hands and touch the area directly in front of your ears to say hello to your TMJ.
TMJ disorders affect millions of Americans, and can easily go undiagnosed. TMJ care is usually more common among females. We understand how painful and disruptive this kind of pain can be to your life. It’s hard to do the things you love when you’re in constant pain or having to take powerful prescriptions to make it go away.
Is My TMJ Making Me Sick?
TMJ can most definitely have negative effects on both your dental and overall health. How do you know if you have a TMJ-related issue? Sometimes it helps to look at some of the most common symptoms that we see when patients come to us with jaw pain in Charlotte. What we see the most in our patients are things like:
- Inability to fully open their mouth making it tricky (and painful) to see the dentist regularly
- Pain that radiates through their face, neck, and shoulders
- Clicking or popping sound in the jaw joints when they try to eat or speak
- Ringing in the ears, and teeth that are highly sensitive
- Chronic migraine and headache pain
Even if you don’t have any of these specific symptoms, it’s still important to get TMJ care if you’re experiencing jaw pain in Charlotte.
We Want to Help You Feel Better
Our TMJ care is unique and it depends on your individual needs. In fact, if you’re in really bad shape and need more extensive treatment or even surgery, Dr. Robertson might refer the case out. Getting rid of your pain and discomfort is a three-step process. Dr. Robertson will:
- Start by making you a custom oral appliance
- Evaluate your improvement or watch for problems as time goes on
- Focus on realigning your bite and your jaw joints
If you’re fed up with living day in and day out with jaw pain in Charlotte, then it’s time you talked to Dr. Robertson about your TMJ care options. There’s a solution for everyone!